QLK-150: Certification to Configure
Who Should Take This Course?
All Mobility Technicians who install the QLK-150, QLK-150 Dealer Staff and Sales Representatives.
* This course satisfies the requirements for industry quality assurance programs.
This on-demand, interactive course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the QLk-150 Docking System and it’s installation. Through a series of four lessons, students will understand how docking systems operate to safely secure a wheelchair passenger and learn how to properly install the various components of the system. Each lesson concludes with a quiz, highlighting levels of competence.
Supervisors will be able to track their students’ progress and see which topics require more attention. This training course is strongly recommended for all mobility technicians. Dealer staff and sales representatives will also benefit from the course.
The following topics are covered:
- General overview of overview of Docking System Securement (How it Works)
- Features and benefits unique to the QLK-150
- Proper crash testing of Docking Station and Interface Brackets.
- Installation of the Wheelchair Interface Bracket
- Fitting and placement of the QLK-150 within the vehicle
- Use of the Occupant Securement
- Installation of the QLK-150 in vehicle
- Testing the Docking System
Once the course has been complete, students will receive a certificate of completion valid for two years.
This manufacturer accredited course will satisfy the requirements for industry quality assurance programs.
After completing QLK-150 Certification to Configure, students will be able to:
- Understand how the various components of the Docking System (Interface Bracket, Docking Station, and Occupant Securement) work together to secure the wheelchair passenger.
- Describe the advantages and benefits of Docking System Securement when compared to the traditional 4-point tie-down method of wheelchair securement.
- Understand the purpose of Stabilizers and which application require their use.
- Comprehend ANSI/RESNA WC-18/19, the latest industry safety standards for wheelchairs and securement systems, and they apply to the crash testing of docking stations and interface brackets.
- Understand the importance of using floor mounts in an application to maximize wheelchair ground clearance.
- Effectively use our Bracket List to select and install the proper interface bracket for any wheelchair.
- Conduct an effective pre-fit assessment with the wheelchair passenger to determine the proper location for the Docking System in the vehicle.
- Understand how to connect and test all electrical components of the Docking System.
- Properly mount the docking station to the vehicle floor in accordance with our installation instructions.
- Conduct a final system safety test to determine that the installed Docking System is functioning as designed.
Time to Complete
Approximately 70 minutes to complete.
Recommended Supplemental Materials
Review of the ‘Installation instructions’ and ‘Use & Care Manual’ for the QLK-150 is recommended prior to taking the course.
Pass the quiz at the end of each of the four lessons with a score of 75% or better.
$99.99 per student
Q’STRAINT Authorized Mobility Dealership? Contact us for special pricing options.
Download Course Outline
While tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices may allow for the completion of course, they are not guaranteed to work. Additionally, some course interactions are not optimized for mobile devices.
Please ensure you have a Windows or Mac based computer available to complete our training courses in the event your selected mobile device does not meet the needs of the course.
Q’STRAINT Authorized Mobility Dealership?
Contact us for special pricing options.
Comments are closed.