Securement 101: Basic Wheelchair Securement Training
Who Should Take This Course?
This on-demand, interactive course is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to wheelchair securement best practices. Through a series of four lessons, transportation providers will learn how to operate a variety of 4-point securement systems currently available and understand how to properly secure passengers with special needs and their wheelchairs. Each lesson concludes with a quiz, highlighting levels of competence. Once the course has been successfully completed, students will receive a certificate of completion that is valid for two years. Supervisors will be able to track their students’ progress and see which topics require more attention. This course is ideal for new-hires as well as refresher training for more experienced drivers and safety trainers.
The following topics are covered:
- Safety & Liability
- Securement Equipment Operation
- Securing the Wheelchair
- Securing the Occupant
Students will receive a certificate of completion valid for two years.
After completing Securement 101, students will be able to:
- Understand the liability inherent in transporting passengers in wheelchairs, and ways to mitigate that risk and improve passenger safety.
- Compare and differentiate between the various types of wheelchair securement equipment, occupant securements, and accessories.
- Apply the 3 essential principles needed to properly secure a wheelchair.
- Apply the 3 essential principles needed to properly secure a wheelchair passenger using the occupant securements.
- Differentiate between WC19 complaint wheelchairs and Non-WC19 wheelchairs, and how to approach securement with both types of wheelchairs.
- Understand and avoid common securement pitfalls, problems, and errors that lead to most wheelchair incidents.
Time to Complete
Approximately 75 minutes to complete.
Recommended Supplemental Materials
- Hands-on securement practice is recommended after the course.
- Review of the ‘User Manual’ for the securement equipment in use on your vehicles.
Pass test with a score of 75% or better.
$49.99 per student
Order your seats in bulk to receive instant discount pricing in your cart:
- 20-50 students = $24.99 per student (50% discount)
- 50+ students = Contact us for special pricing options.
Download Course Outline
Download the course outline.
While tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices may allow for the completion of course, they are not guaranteed to work. Additionally, some course interactions are not optimized for mobile devices.
Please ensure you have a Windows or Mac based computer available to complete our training courses in the event your selected mobile device does not meet the needs of the course.
Comments are closed.